The Small(ish) Print !
Terms & Conditions of Business
1.Bob Caddick Photography is the trading name of Bob Caddick (a sole trader) and all and any references to Bob Caddick Photography in these terms and conditions shall be in that context.
2. The acceptance of any booking as outlined in the Photography Agreement, once completed, is based on agreement by the client of Bob Caddick Photography's standard terms and conditions as stated below and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
3. All photographic materials, including but not limited to digital files,shall be the exclusive property of Bob Caddick Photography.
4. The price of the photoshoot is guaranteed at the time of booking. All reprints, enlargements and extras not included in the package will be at the price current at the time of ordering.
5.. For studio family and portrait photography a deposit of £20 is required at the time of booking.
6. The deposit is offset against the price of the package chosen
7. The client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to Bob Caddick Photography but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid.
8. Colour photography is undertaken within the technical limitations of the process and certain colours may not necessarily be accurate over the whole range of colours within a subject. Prints made at different times may be variable in colour balance. Please note that some fabrics such as two-tone taffeta/satin react differently in some lighting conditions and can cause the colour of the dresses and fabrics to change, giving incorrect colour beyond the photographer’s control – please discuss with the photographer if you are in any doubt, as Bob Caddick Photography cannot be held responsible for the natural colour deviation which may occur. All image sizes are nominal. The photographer/s will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record digitally the exact colour as seen by the human eye.
9. The Client is aware that colour dyes and inks used in photography may fade or discolour over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes and inks, and the Client releases Bob Caddick Photography from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discolouration due to such inherent qualities. Bob Caddick Photography however promises to use all reasonable endeavours to minimise the possibilities of fading or discolouration over time,including the use of proven, reliable techniques and high quality photographic materials.
10. Bob Caddick Photography shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of their duties. It is understood, however, that in the event of any unforeseen exceptional circumstances outside the control of the photographer causing loss of photographic record, Bob Caddick Photography will only be responsible for the return of all monies paid to date, although every effort will be made to retake the photographs.
11 On occasions and without notice it may be necessary for the photographer originally booked to be substituted by another photographer, (e.g. due to ill health).
12 Retouching, digital manipulation and artist finishing is available to the client as an optional extra and cannot be assumed to be included as standard.
13. It is understood that the copyright of all and any photographs belongs to Bob Caddick Photography. Any images or copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including source or object code, computer files or printed documentation relating to such images are protected by Copyright, Design & Patents Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically/electronically or by any other means an image created as part of this contract without the permission of the photographer/s in writing. No photographs may be copied or reproduced by any means photographic, digitally or otherwise without written permission. Bob Caddick Photography shall only make reproductions for the Client, their friends and family, or for Bob Caddick Photography’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, company documents and website, blog, entry in photographic contests, art exhibitions, events, marketing or editorial use. Bob Caddick Photography shall not use the images for other purposes without first obtaining the written permission of the Client.
14. Digital images provided to the Client will be provided with with a licence to reproduce, granting an unlimited printing release to the client. This release grants the client permission for printing only and does not include rights of sale. Where clients are supplied digital images on DVD, CD, memory stick, file transfer or other digital or online means, the client is responsible for making backup copies and for keeping them safe and they are advised to keep at least one backup copy in a different location to the master copies. Whilst Bob Caddick Photography may keep digital files for a reasonable time after a project has been completed it reserves the right to dispose of files once a project has been completed and digital files have been supplied to the client. Bob Caddick Photography cannot guarantee to store digital files indefinitely.
15. Bob Caddick Photography may agree by prior arrangement to accept pre-payment in instalments
PROVIDED it is understood that the money is non refundable in the event of a cancellation, although the amount paid can be used as credit against further photographic services offered by Bob Caddick Photography.
16. In the unlikely event of photographic failure or cancellation of the contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential losses.
19. Any complaints should be raised by the client with the Bob Caddick Photography, in writing, within 28 days of first becoming aware of the matter to be complained of and in any event within 28 days of receipt of the images.